The 2019 book sale was a great success this last Thursday and Friday, netting over $3000 for the library. Thanks to all out volunteers who helped stet up and sort books on to the tables on Thursday afternoon and especially to those who helped break down what was left at the end of the day on Friday. Sales were up over last year and it was great to see so many students throughout the day on Friday.
Friends of the Michigan Tech Library Book Sale April 4th and 5th
The Friends Annual Used Book Sale is scheduled for Thursday, April 4th and Friday, April 5th, 2019 in the Memorial Union Ballroom on Michigan Tech’s campus. On Thursday,Members shop with first choice from 5 to 7 p.m. (memberships available at the door are $20 and up; students and seniors only $15). On Friday, the sale continues to the general public from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. with a new selection of withdrawn books. The $5 bag sale is from 4 to 5 p.m.
Free parking in all University lots after 4:00 PM
The book sale uses standardized pricing for many books, with hardback books priced at $2 and quality paperback books for $1. Mass market paperbacks (the ones that fit in your back pocket) are a bargain at 50 cents. Antique or special sets are priced separately.
Have Books to Donate?
- If you have only a few book sale donations, you may drop them off in the box located in the Library vestibule.
- If you have a box or bag of books, you may unload them at the Library loading dock. Call 487-2508 to have someone meet you at the back door to help.
- If you need help getting your book sale donation books to the Library and would like someone to come to your house to pick them up, call Dana Richter at 487-2149 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Through the hard work of our volunteers and the interest by the public, the FMTL 2018 Winter book sale raised nearly $800 for the library, even when the sale was rather quiet form 1-2pm as everyone was up by the SDC breaking a Guinness world record!! (unofficially at this moment, but we’re going to do it!)
Thanks to all who came out and found great books at great prices. Don’t forget our annual sale on 6-7 April!
We need books!
Books, CD’s, DVDs, whatever*! Make room for new books on your shelves by donating your old books to the Friends book sale. All proceeds go to help the Michigan Tech Van Pelt and Opie Library.
*Alas, there are things we do not take:
- old, tattered, yellowed, marked up or damaged books
- marked up lab manuals or instructor’s class guides
- magazines, journals, and similar things
- outdated almanacs, travel guides, computer manuals, etc.
- catalogs, telephone books
- general encyclopedias or similar sets (unless of high quality/rarity or specialty types [e.g., a 3-vol. Enclylopedia of WWII Aircraft])
If you have only a few book sale donations, you may drop them off in the shiny new donation box located in the Library vestibule.
If you have a box or bag of books, you may unload them at the Library loading dock. Call a Library staff member at the Service Desk at 906-487-2508 to have someone meet you at the back door to help.
If you need help getting your book sale donation books to the Library and would like someone to come to your house to pick them up, call Dana Richter at 487-2149 or email@example.com.