—We need books!—
Books, Books, Books! Make room for new books on your shelves by donating your old books to the Friends book sale. All proceeds go to help the Michigan Tech Van Pelt and Opie Library.
There are, however, things we do not take, because they just won’t sell:
- CDs, LP records, VHS tapes, or audio tapes (cassette/8-track/R2R)
- old, tattered, yellowed, marked up or damaged books
- marked up lab manuals or instructor’s class guides
- conference proceedings, magazines, journals, and similar things
- outdated almanacs, travel guides, computer books and manuals
- catalogs, telephone books, equipment instruction manuals
- general encyclopedias or similar sets (unless of high quality/rarity or specialty types [e.g., a 3-vol. Encylopedia of WWII Aircraft])
If you have items that are deeply vintage (>50 years old), please contact us.
If you have only a few book sale donations, you may drop them off in the shiny new donation box located in the Library vestibule (between the glass doors to the left as you enter).
If you have a box or bag of books, you may unload them at the Library loading dock. Call a Library staff member at the Service Desk at 906-487-2508 to have someone meet you at the back door to help.
If you need help getting your book sale donation books to the Library and would like someone to come to your house to pick them up, call Steve Walton at 906-487-3272 or email Susan Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org.